10 Lesser Known Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
- To revel in the universe of healthy dwelling, here we have our 100% Organic, raw, cold processed, centrifuge extracted, unrefined, naturally pure and aromatic “Virgin Coconut oil”, the most wondrous potion to magically transform health to a total bliss. Over generations, it has been in use for its enhanced flavour and miraculous health benefits.
- A natural superfood, beneficial for the heart, VCO, also helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and endocrine systems, and increases the body’s metabolic rate; hence melting away the extra pounds.
- VCO marks itself as one of the most beneficial oil for regular consumption with Lauric acid as one of its premiere and key component and the highest source of human breast milk. Lauric acid is referred to as Medium Chained Fatty Acid [MCFA], well known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties such as it destroys herpes, measles and influenza virus, lowers Candida and remedies bacterial infections.
- A study report in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that ingestion Medium Chained Fatty Acids [MCFA] encourages more fat loss and lowered body weight in comparison to long chained alternatives.
- VCO works as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the cell walls of bacteria thus effective in treating UTI and Kidney infection; reduces inflammation in arthritis more effectively than NSAID medications. The antioxidants present in virgin coconut oil reduces inflammation and MCFA’s of coconut oil do not need the pancreatic enzymes to be broken down, so taking organic coconut oil eases the strain on the pancreas (similar to Ghee). VCO moisturizes and nourishes the scalp with essential proteins and repairs the damages thus giving the hair its natural shine and radiance. VCO was able to prevent combing damage in all types of hair.
- Coconut oil being abundant in Vitamin E is not only a wonderful face cleanser, moisturizer and a sunscreen, but it can treat many skin disorders such as eczema and dandruff. A study proved that VCO, as a sunscreen can block 20% of damaging UV rays from sunlight.
- EVC oil prevents Gum Disease and Tooth Decay and helps in developing strong teeth with its tendency to improve calcium absorption and anti-microbial properties. Oil pulling with coconut oil has been used for centuries as a way to cleanse the mouth of bacteria and helps to heal periodontal disease.
- The best form of consuming VCO is to either drink 1-2 tablespoon a day or substitute your regular cooking oil with VCO. It goes well with most of the Indian recipes and tastes great! Food cooked with coconut oil is truly a delicacy!
- VCO is a priceless gift to us from nature. From infants to elderly, everyone can get the benefit of VCO. Understanding the multitude of benefits, our ancestors aptly called the coconut “KALPA VRIKSHA” meaning “The tree of life”.